Monday, July 18, 2011

I Come to Shanghai - Eternal Life Vol. 1

Looks like someone finally got an idea to add the lyrics and vocals to the whole analog synth revival. I Come to Shanghai's album is definitely more poppy (and more beat-driven) than your usual, say, Lunar Miasma, Emeralds or Oneohtrix release, but it's definitely catchy. But it also features a lot of more synths, great clean vocals and interesting interplays of psychedelic-ish synth nirvana and traditionals instruments, like guitars or drums. This duo from Oakland, CA have quite a chance to make it big. In the words of the musicians themselves, people who like Kraftwerk, Brian Eno, Cluster, Motown, Aphex Twin, and Organized Noize might get into this.


Jens Dietrich said...

I consider I Come to Shanghai to be the best new band out there. Really wish they'd get more attention.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Max Chill ph.d is a hero amongst PC gamers.

Gwen DeFortuna said...

I agree, Jens. Well, I guess I'll crosspost!